What is technology?
The application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes.
What is emerging technology?
- Technologies whose development or practical applications are still largely unrealized, such that they are figuratively emerging into prominence from a background of nonexistence or obscurity.
- Technologies that are generally new but also include older technologies that are still relatively undeveloped in potential.
1. Research Briefing
In collaboration with your team, we begin the process with a workshop session to define the challenges you currently face or those you may face in the next five to ten years. Based on this workshop, we create a detailed work plan for the entire research project.
2. Technology Scouting
Using numerous sources, we identify and organize emerging technologies relevant to your field. We continuously track innovation across many industries and sectors, periodically reviewing our database for accuracy.
3. Data Visualization
Anticipating the future requires not only knowing about emerging technologies, but also interpreting how these technologies will shape the future. Our intelligible visualization tools are designed to illustrate the bigger picture so that you can easily process our research and take action.
Technology Database (TDB)
- Our database tracks 1,400+ emerging technology entries, indexing innovation across all industries and sectors.
- Logging 10,000+ hours of cumulative research, our team of researchers regularly revise and update database entries.
- We link our data to 9,000+ external sources, so you can discover more about each technology.
Radar is our proprietary web-based data visualization tool, continuously developed since 2015, using D3.js and other responsive web technologies.
Envisioning tracks science fiction, academic journals, patents, media articles, and other relevant sources. The data collected during research is stored, organized, and analyzed using our database.
Each technology entry is evaluated from a series of perspectives, including:
- Technology Readiness Level (TRL)
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)